A blood detox probably sound’s a bit weird to you! Why would we need to detox our blood? Everyone takes our blood for granted. We understand it’s importance to some extent, but most people could only name one function of the blood and no more. It’s known each person fits into a certain category according to a particular blood type but we never fully comprehend that the blood, like any major organ, can become toxic.
What Does Blood Actually Do?
Blood cells are created in the bone marrow with a life expectancy of 100 days. Their job is vast and amazingly complex. Our body pumps, on average, 5 to 7 litres of blood per minute, which is just under 8000 litres per day. The circulatory system has its work cut out each and every day, ensuring this oxygen-rich blood. reaches each and every part of the body.
This is crazy! But what else does the blood do?
- Regulates the PH levels
- Regulates body temperature
- Transports hormones around the body
- Supplies the body with vital nutrients, amino, oxygen, glucose and fatty acid.
- Transports white blood cells to fight infections
- Removes expended carbon dioxide from the body
- Carries platelets which are necessary to clot blood when we bleed
Why is a Blood Detox Necessary?
There is a correlation between the blood and the immune system, which helps to fight infections effectively. If we can keep our blood purified, we can expect to see and feel improvements in the entire body. By detoxing the blood we are essentially removing waste matter that could be in the blood as a result of biological processes or disease. By using natural herbs and remedies we can we can enhance our immune system and purify our blood.
Best foods for a Blood Detox
Supplements for a Blood Detox
Along with eating the right foods, you can also take supplements to help with your blood detox. Make sure your immunity is as strong as possible by taking:
- Echinacea – This is one of the herbs that are known to enhance the immune system and purify the blood. Always buy reputable brands to ensure you get the best quality.
- Goldenseal – This is an ancient herb that was used by Native Americans to treat infections. It is also known to be a great immunity booster and blood purifier. The best way to take it for a blood detox is to drink it as a tea.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda – Mix two Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda. Add in 8 oz of water and then drink. This will help balance your bodies pH and may help to remove uric acid from your blood.
Note: Always check with your healthcare provider before beginning to take any new sort of medication.