DIY Peel off Face Mask
Everyone wishes and strives for beautiful skin. It is what people first notice when they lay eyes upon you. It is a desired quality people will do almost anything to achieve, even if the practice is some what unsafe.
I have always marveled at people with flawless skin. It illuminates them with a beautiful radiance. Unfortunately, we live in a superficial world where it most certainly helps if you are visually appealing. I believe beauty is subjective and only skin deep. I think real beauty is found in the naked soul.
We can not change our appearance but we do have control over our skin. It can be true that some skin issues and skin diseases are unavoidable, especially when it involves hormone imbalances such as during puberty or when woman are having fluctuations in their monthly cycle. Apart from these times, skin issues can be significantly reduced and in some cases, completely eradicated.
The main influencing factors for bad skin is diet, hygiene and environmental pressures. In the western world, this is more prevalent than other regions as there is a diet which has a higher meat and dairy intake. This has a horrendous impact on our skin. It is not commonly known in mainstream society but if you do the research, you will uncover the truth. The truth is that dairy causes inflammation caused by a reaction between the hormones in the diary and the testosterone if your body. Casein, which is in abundance in dairy products, releases a hormone similar to insulin which causes spikes in the frequency of breakouts.
There are many different conditions that can affect the skin:
All of which can be minimized and treated. I suggest digging deep and sourcing alternative treatment as opposed to the over the counter remedies that are expensive and may fail to show results. Check out this great course on how to clear acne naturally. If you have other skin issues you would like to solve, have a look at this book.
Why is my face causing me trouble?
Every face is different, there is no one solution that can treat everybody. Get to know your skin and what are your triggers are. Experiment with cutting out a certain food or refrain from alcohol. Many face issues are caused from over productive oil glands or inflammation. These two are the biggest culprits of many skin disorders.
Here are some natural solutions and remedies you can try:
- Natural Face Mask
- Face Scrub
- Intermittent Fasting
- Stream Face Cleanses
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Natural Face Peel
- Liver Detox
- Colon Detox
- PH Water
Face peels have become very popular in recent years and this for good reason, as they actually work and results can be seen after a couple of hours. Although a few claim, the skin can become worse before eventually and inevitably better.
Chemical face peels are not without cautions. For the most part, these peels use an acid active ingredient salicylic acid. This is potent stuff and literally peels your top layer of skin by means of a chemical reaction. This strips the face of the top layer of skin, getting rid of old decaying skin cell that bloke pores and cause inflammation. After the peel, people will notice a new radiant glow as the fresh new skin is more prominent at the surface. Chemical peels can reduce the appearance of skin damage, sun spots and blemishes.
While these sound promising, chemical face peels come with many warnings prior to use. Always consult your doctor before undergoing a chemical face peel, especially if you have a prior condition.
Another option is to create your own DIY peel off face mask! Save yourself from the chemicals and create your own mask.
DIY Peel Off Face Mask
Here are several different recipes so you can make your own DIY peel off face mask!
DIY Peel Off Face Mask with Activated Charcol
You will Need:
- 1/2 tsp. Calcium Bentonite Clay
- 1 tsp. Activated Charcoal Powder
- 1 Tbls. Unflavoured Gelatin (1/2 Tbs Agar Powder for a vegan, non-peel version)
- 2 Tbls. – Distilled Water
- Add Calcium Bentonite Clay, Activated Charcoal and Gelatin to glass bowl
- Add hot, freshly boiled Distilled Water
- Mix all the ingredients well
- When it is mixed well (no clumps) and has cooled down slightly, apply to your face with a makeup brush
- Wait until the mask is dry, could be around 45 minutes
- To remove, start moving your facial muscles to help loosen the mask before peeling off
- Take your time to peel off, it can be painful. If it is too painful, use water. This mask is water soluble.
- Once the mask is off, wipe your face with a cold, wet towel, this will soothe the redness. You can put rosehip oil on after to soothe your face more.
Note: Make sure you wash your face with warm water before hand to open up your pores. Try it on a small area for the first time, such as your nose to make sure you do not have a bad reaction. Make sure you avoid hair as when you remove it will pull out hairs such as eyebrows.
DIY Peel Off Face Mask with Egg Whites
You will Need:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tissue
1. Whisk the egg whites up into a light froth, you want them to be white but in no way firm
2. Separate the layers/ply of tissue so you just have one.
3. Paste around half the egg white onto your skin with a makeup brush
4. Pat the tissue onto your face – cut holes for your eyes and mouth or do it in sections.
5. Smooth the remaining egg white over the tissue.
6. Allow to dry
7. Remove once firm and tight. It should peel off in a film like state.
DIY Peel Off Face Mask with Apple Cider Vinegar
You Will Need:
1 Tbsp Bentonite Clay powder
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
You can buy these together here.
- In a bowl, thoroughly blend the clay powder with apple cider vinegar into a paste of even consistency.
- With a makeup brush apply the mask on your face, more generously over your nose where the blackheads are concentrated.
- Allow it to dry for about 10 minutes or till the mask begins to crack.
- Gently wash off the pack with cool water.
- Repeat this ritual twice a week to remove blackheads and other impurities from your skin.